Getting your ID Card
Getting a new identification card can be a hassle, but before you head out to your local DMV, make sure you are well-prepared! Our staff has researched the process for getting an ID card for every state, so all the information you need is right here at your fingertips. Click "Continue" below to get started.
New Jersey ID Cards
If you want a photo ID card in New Jersey, but are not interested in getting a driver's license, or not eligible to do so, then getting an ID card will be your best option. New Jersey ID cards will help you gain the ability to present a primary document of identity with a photo. This is an important aspect of engaging in many arenas of life, so don't let yourself be without photo ID. If you need to get a New Jersey ID card, read below to find out more about the requirements.
- Visit your local MVC office
- Complete the BA-207 application form that will be available at the MVC office
- Show documents to pass the Six Point ID procedures ? To help find the best documents to meet these requirements, visit http://www.nj.gov/mvc/Licenses/DocumentSelector/index.htm.
- Social Security Number
- Proof of residency (utility bills are a great option)
- Name change documentation
- A fee of $24
All New Jersey ID cards will be good for four years. After that period, you will need to renew your New Jersey ID card. You can start the renewal process up to six months in advance; however, you must do it by mail or in-person. The MVC in New Jersey does not have an online system to help you renew your ID card. If you have further questions about the ID process, be sure to address them to your local MVC. You can find contact information here: http://www.state.NewJersey.us/mvc/About/Contact.htm.