Learner's Permits in Missouri
How to get a learner's permit in Missouri
When you turn 15 years old you will become eligible to apply for a learner's permit in Missouri. Obtaining your learner's permit in Missouri will allow you to be one step closer in becoming a real licensed driver.
Steps to take to get your learner's permit in Missouri:
- Study the Missouri driver's manual, in order to pass your written exam.
- You must bring your legal guardian or parent with you if you are younger than 18.
Make sure to bring the following with you:
- Proper ID and proof of Missouri residency.If you have changed your name, you must bring documents that support and clearly indicate your current name.
- Your Social Security card.
- A fee of $3.50 for learner's permit.
Be prepared for your written exam and eye exam they will give you when you get to the licensing office.
When you drive with a learner's permit in Missouri and you are under 16 you must be accompanied by a parent, legal guardian or other designated person to provide behind-the-wheel instructions.
If you are 16 years of age or older you may drive accompanied by a licensed driver age of 21 or older. This person must sit next to you the entire time while you are driving.
Remember to always have your learner's permit with you when driving.
At Drivers-Licenses.org, we've done all the research on driver's education for you. Check out the links below to find everything you need to know about driver's education training and requirements.