South Carolina Learner's Permit
How to get your South Carolina Learners permit
Before rushing to the DMV office to obtain your South Carolina learner's permit there are a few regulations you must abide by first.
In order to be eligible to apply for a South Carolina learner's permit you must:
- Be at least 15 years old
- first time being issued a driver's license
- be a new resident of South Carolina who has been licensed in another state, but your driver's license has been expired for longer than six months
How to obtain an original beginner's South Carolina learner's permit:
- Download a copy of the South Carolina Driver's Manual, or get a hard copy by visiting a local DMV office
- Have your parent or legal guardian go with you to the DMV office if you are under 18 years of age.
Head over to the DMV office with your learner's permit application and the following:
- Proof of identity and citizenship and South Carolina residency as specified by the DMV.
- Your Social Security card.
- Proof of auto insurance.
- $2.50 for your learner's permit and $2 for the written fee test.
- You will be given a knowledge test as well as a vision test. After passing both tests you will be issued a South Carolina learner's permit.
Keep in mind when you are driving with your beginner's South Carolina learner's permit you must have a licensed driver 21 years old or older in your passenger seat.
At Drivers-Licenses.org, we've done all the research on driver's education for you. Check out the links below to find everything you need to know about driver's education training and requirements.