Getting your New Driver License
Getting a new license can be a hassle, but before you head out to your local DMV, make sure you are well-prepared! Our staff has researched the driver's license process for every state, so all the information you need is right here at your fingertips. Click "Continue" below to get started.
Florida Driver's License
How to get your Florida driver's license
It is pretty simple to get your Florida driver's license,there are just a few important things you need to know before heading to the DMV office. Read through the rules and regulations below to make sure you're fully prepared to get your Florida driver's license.
Rules and Regulations
- Any individual under 18 needs to provide parental consent form and also must complete the graduated driver licensing process.
- A driving law course and a substance abuse course are required. You must provide a certificate of completion for both.
- You must pass a vision test.
- You must pass a hearing test.
- You must pass a road rules and signs test.
Bring the following documents when you go to apply for your Florida driver's license:
- A certified U.S. birth certificate
- Social Security card or proof of Social Security number
- Applicants who are not U.S. citizens must provide proof of legal presence in Florida.