Getting your New Driver License
Getting a new license can be a hassle, but before you head out to your local DMV, make sure you are well-prepared! Our staff has researched the driver's license process for every state, so all the information you need is right here at your fingertips. Click "Continue" below to get started.
Maine Driver's License
How to get your Maine driver's license
Before heading out to your local Bureau of Motor Vehicles office in Maine, pick up a copy of the Main driver's manual so you can learn all the rules of the road in Maine to pass your Main driver's license exams.
Basic requirements for applying for a Maine driver's license:
- It is mandatory to be at least 15 years old.
- You must successfully complete a driver's education class if you are younger than 16.
- You are required to pass a vision, knowledge, and driving test. You need to call ahead and schedule your driving test at (207) 624-9000, ext. 52119.
- You have to show proof of Main residency.
- Complete the application form and make sure to have two forms of ID (application form).