Renewing your Driver License
If your driver's license is about to expire, you need to act now. Renewing your license before it's too late can save you a lot of time and money. Our staff has researched the driver's license renewal process for every state, so all the information you need is right here at your fingertips. Click "Continue" below to get started..
Renew your license in Arizona
How to renew your license in Arizona
Make sure to renew your license in Arizona if:
- Arizona issues an extended driver license that doesn't expire until you are 65 years old. Every 12 years you have to test your vision and take a new photo.
- You may renew your license any time in the six months leading up to its expiration.
- Every 12 years the Arizona MVD will send you a notice requesting that you visit a local driver license office for a new photo and replacement driver license.
- If you don't get a replacement photo license every 12 years many of your service privileges will be taken away including eligibility for online services and obtaining duplicates for lost licenses.
You also have the option to renew in person but remember you must:
- Bring expiring license.
- Bring acceptable proof of identification (see the Arizona Driver License Manual for details).
- Provide your Social Security Number.
- Have your vision tested and a photo taken.
- Pay a renewal fee of $10. Arizona MVD accepts payment by cash, check or money order. Some branches also accept credit card payments.