Replacing your Driver License
Driving without a license is illegal, so if your driver's license has been lost or stolen, you have no choice but to replace it. In that case, you've come to the right place. We will walk you through the process of getting your driver's license replaced as quickly and painlessly as possible. Click "Continue" below to get started..
Driver's License Replacement in Louisiana
How to replace your Louisiana driver's license
You will be required to replace your Louisiana driver's license if you have lost, damaged or it has been stolen. You can apply for a driver's license replacement at your local Louisiana Office of motor vehicles (OMV).
When you go to replace your Louisiana driver's license, keep in mind:
- One primary and one secondary form of identification, or three secondary forms of identification.
- Take your marriage license, divorce decree, or other court document if your name has changed since your last license was issued.
- If you're under the age of 18, you must take a certified copy of your birth certificate as well as a secondary form of identification. You must also have a parent or legal guardian accompany you to the OMV office.
Driver's License replacement fees in Louisiana:
- The fee for replacing a lost or destroyed driver's license or identification card is $16. This must be paid in cash, though fees may vary depending on the OMV office.
- If your driver's license or identification card was stolen and you reported it to a law enforcement officer who filed a report, the replacement is free.